Dallas Cowboys Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sean Lee snubbed from Pro Bowl

3 posters

Go down

Sean Lee snubbed from Pro Bowl Empty Sean Lee snubbed from Pro Bowl

Post by lgkehoe Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:02 pm

Wuh???

Ok, I know the Pro Bowl has become a disastrous joke, but seriously???

All preseason I fretted over the defense. My only hope for it was that #50 stay healthy. He seems to have learned to control his body more? Maybe its just been fortune. Whatever it is, I hope he can stay this way. While Irving showed us some upside, and the entire secondary has elevated well above their previous season performances, this defense still functions at the level it has largely because of the because of the contributions of Sean Lee. He is the defense's 12th man.
lgkehoe
lgkehoe

Back to top Go down

Sean Lee snubbed from Pro Bowl Empty Re: Sean Lee snubbed from Pro Bowl

Post by caddy4bp Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:55 pm

Well said and good topic LG! No doubt he's one of the best LB's in the game today. He's in a tough spot as he's no longer a MLB, so he's not judged there. On the outside he's up against the 3-4 LB's who tear it up stats wise in sacks.

We know he's about tackles and tackles for a loss, the new TFL stat. What may happen, just maybe is he is voted as All Pro, even though he was snubbed for the Pro Bowl. We'll see. Naturally, he's had a great year and the guy we count on to make the tackles out there. Because we watch, we rarely if ever see him make a mistake or be caught out of position. He's a half tick ahead of the guys trying to block him as he sees the play before it develops. As smart a player as they come!

caddy4bp

Back to top Go down

Post by MRich Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:10 pm

GREAT topic! I'll second that.

Sean Lee is probably the best or second best defensive player we have right now. He can play well in coverage or play against the run.

I think part of it is that the Dallas D has a reputation over the past few years, and this year they've had games where they've been very porous as far as yards allowed, and that may be an issue when it comes to the Pro Bowl.
MRich
MRich

Back to top Go down

Post by caddy4bp Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:30 pm

While I'm still skeptical of the defense, I learned yesterday that they are 4th in points allowed. Believe they are first over the last 8-10 games, or at least something to that effect. What many see is that we are near the bottom of yards given up and have been for several years now. Last year the chunk plays as they're calling them now were incredibly high and even in 14' they were bad with that category. Becomes hard to get a rep as a top D if you aren't limiting teams to under 300 yards a game with several TO's. We're light in TO's again this year and it just means we're facing more plays that some of the more highly regarded defenses. But at the end of the day, its about points given up. That's why the Giants loss last week frosted me. Got a great effort from the D and zip from the offense.

MRich, if not Lee, who is our best player on defense?

caddy4bp

Back to top Go down

Post by lgkehoe Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:52 am

"He's a half tick ahead of the guys trying to block him as he sees the play before it develops. As smart a player as they come!"

Exactly! Especially in run protection. How does he just seem to know the very gap to fill? He's in the backfield on the running back just after the exchange. It's amazing! I don't remember a Cowboy's LB as ahead of the play as Lee. Maybe White, but from what I can recall, White just beat dudes into submission, while Lee uses some kind of ninja tricks.
lgkehoe
lgkehoe

Back to top Go down

Post by MRich Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:33 pm

caddy:

I'm not really sure who's better on the Cowboys' D than Sean Lee.
MRich
MRich

Back to top Go down

Post by caddy4bp Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:06 pm

Remember that pick he made a year or two ago, where he was trailing the receiver in the end zone and when the receiver made a move to catch the ball, he turned toward the QB/line and bam, hit him between the numbers for an INT. Can't just teach that. Probably the best Will LB in the game out of a standard 4-3 defense. He gets beat out on stats by the 3-4 LB's who are rushing the QB about 95% of the time. Only Kuechly & Wagner get more tackles and they play out of the Mike spot.

caddy4bp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down