Dallas Cowboys Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How 'Bout them 13-2 Cowboys!

3 posters

Go down

How 'Bout them 13-2 Cowboys! Empty How 'Bout them 13-2 Cowboys!

Post by MRich Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:24 am

Good opening drive, a little porous on D in the first half, shut out Detroit in the 2nd half. Dallas scoring on consecutive drives was a positive, for sure.

I was surprised that Zeke only had 80 yards. I liked the gadget play pass from Dez to Witten. Zeke's 55 yard scamper was a good one, solid effort getting into the end zone. But to only get 25 yards after that was surprising to me. Though they did post over 100 on the ground.

One regular season game to go. Do the 'Boys end up 14-2 or 13-3?
MRich
MRich

Back to top Go down

How 'Bout them 13-2 Cowboys! Empty Re: How 'Bout them 13-2 Cowboys!

Post by caddy4bp Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:25 pm

It was a little disconcerting to watch the Lions run up and down the field on us. With our players dropping like flies, it was remarkable that the adjustments stifled them in the 2nd half. The use of a 3-2-6 defense worked beautifully and actually resulted in several sacks in the 2nd half. If I heard correctly we shut them down for 8 consecutive attempted drives. Benson Mayowa was benched a few weeks back and has rebounded very nicely with several sacks of late and what can you say about David Irving the last two weeks. He's been causing all sorts of problems for our opponents. Not the most consistent player either but he's done great these two games.

Offensively, we battled them loading the box to stop Zeke. It was a concern that he was bottled up on the other carries. By loading the box, it frees up the WR's and we made them pay heavily for that. The ball was spread around nicely and Dez made a super one handed catch, all while hand fighting the DB. The Dez to Witten play was one we've all been waiting years for. I did like that they limited Zeke to only 12 carries as they pulled away. They were able to do damage in the passing game so it was a pick the poison type of game. Still would have liked more plays that popped through that front 7/8 as packed in as they were.

Good question on the final record. When I look at who won't play, I question the ability to win. Do you want Dak or any QB left to be annihilated with Cleary & Looney playing on the OL? That's a possibility that Smith, who is very doubtful and Leary who is questionable may not play. We're down Terrell McLain & Thornton at the DT's spot, then Lawrence & Tyrone Crawford are all out for this Sunday. Add in Anthony Brown out with a concussion plus Justin Durant. Makes you wonder if they suit up 46. I'd like to win out, keep the momentum and post 14 for the first time. Clearly the better team but you know Philly's going to show up and for them its their Super Bowl. They'll be jacked up or at least I expect them to be.

caddy4bp

Back to top Go down

Post by MRich Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:11 am

To your last point regarding the QB, my understanding is that Sanchez is going to be active this week. People are already speculating what that means. Some wonder if that means that Dak is only going to play a half, then they put in Romo, or maybe Romo starts, then Sanchez gets some PT. They're speculating wildly.
MRich
MRich

Back to top Go down

Post by lgkehoe Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:34 pm

The most relaxing Cowboys game I've watched in a long, long, long time. Heck, I barely analyzed it at all! 

Week 17 - wish they could just start the practice squad. Starting Dak makes some record book and rhythm sense, but like Caddy said, I worry about the left side of the line being depth guys. That said, those depth guys have filled in decently when asked to do so, but not to the point where I'd risk the starter and the best backup in the NFL.

I'd let Zeke get a few 'warm up' carries for the week and then it should be the McFadden and Sanchez show. 

I'd like Romo in for one play - to make a 28 yard completion to Witten.
lgkehoe
lgkehoe

Back to top Go down

Post by caddy4bp Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:54 pm

Everybody plays, well at least that's the mantra for this week. If what I'm hearing is correct we won't suit up a healthy 46. Believe we only have 45 healthy bodies at the moment to play on Sunday. Interested to see a few guys perhaps getting extended snaps, to determine value going forward. Nzeocha for one, even Lucky. Gotta know if you have something in them or not. Lucky for one, has flashed a few plays, but I'd be looking for a punt returner that might give me more for next year.

For me, I'm with you on a few carries for Zeke, but if they sat him, I'm good with that too. Play Morris & McFadden. Playing any QB behind Cleary is dangerous and ramp that up a little if Looney plays extended snaps. I can see any number of hits and holding penalties from those two. A TE has to play next to Cleary all night long.

LG, that would be nice to see Romo, one more time, find ole 82 ......

caddy4bp

Back to top Go down

Post by MRich Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:59 pm

I am hearing that all 3 QBs will be active, and Romo will likely get PT.
MRich
MRich

Back to top Go down

Post by caddy4bp Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:37 pm

That's the scuttlebutt! Is it hype for the game. Now its the early featured game here on the left coast. Not sure its the smart move behind the leaky left side with Cleary & Looney. I'd have felt better if his work was with the complete starting O line, Zeke behind him and Dez and company on the outside. Then I'd say its good work, good snaps, but behind the scrubs I'd be yelling "duck" for whoever's back there. Quick passes is only option that I see or holding TE & back in to help. Can't risk Romo or any of them with those two up front. They're not quick nor strong.

caddy4bp

Back to top Go down

Post by lgkehoe Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:35 pm

Well....sure am glad that Sanchez is Number 3 and not 2. Maybe Beasley or Dunbar...heck even Dez is better at #3???
lgkehoe
lgkehoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down