Dallas Cowboys Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darius Jackson released

3 posters

Go down

Darius Jackson released Empty Darius Jackson released

Post by caddy4bp Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:07 pm

I wasn't happy to see that the player released yesterday was Darius Jackson. He looked good in preseason and thought he had the chance to be the back up to Zeke next year. Making McFadden active appears to be a necessity of late. Teams have figured out what we're doing on 3rd down with Dunbar in the game. Coordinators are blitzing on Dunbar which forces us to keep him in for a job he's not highly capable of taking on. He's game but light in the back pocket.

Jackson had high end speed and would have been a nice compliment to Zeke, potentially a very dangerous tandem. Didn't see the sense of this. Carried him for 14 weeks to let him be on the waiver wire. Plenty of other guys we could have let go making minimal contributions. Gachkar for one, Cleary isn't any good nor Joe Looney. Shame to lose Jackson, a guy with potential and ability for guys that aren't contributing.

caddy4bp

Back to top Go down

Darius Jackson released Empty Re: Darius Jackson released

Post by MRich Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:21 am

Honestly, Caddy, I was disappointed by that move as well. Jackson had a little something to him that the Cowboys definitely could have benefited from.
MRich
MRich

Back to top Go down

Post by caddy4bp Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:37 am

Two days later they put Chaz Green on IR. Baffles me on that one. On the break Broaddus was saying he thought Green to be his choice as the thought to putting him on IR. Jackson looked real good for a 6th round pick. Appeared to be a steal, just needing seasoning, development and learning to pass block.

caddy4bp

Back to top Go down

Post by lgkehoe Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:53 pm

So while I was gone, I didn't need to post anyways...caddy was posting exactly what needed to be said !!!

Weird brain skip from the FO. 

I am going to go with the theory that they still let Jerry makes some moves every once and awhile, just to keep him feeling "engaged".
lgkehoe
lgkehoe

Back to top Go down

Post by caddy4bp Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:13 pm

Welcome back from your hiatus LG!!! I'd have rather let go of Dunbar than Jackson. Don't get me wrong, I like Dunbar, but I don't see enough of him, usually because of injuries. Can't help like that and his being as light as he is doesn't make for a great blocker in blitz pickup. I don't see them resigning Dunbar next year, but never know.

caddy4bp

Back to top Go down

Post by lgkehoe Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:57 pm

Jackson should have been part of the future. 

Maybe there is more to it? Maybe there was some discord? I'd think the vultures in the Dallas media would be all over it, but maybe it was all internal?

Oh well. I don't want to sound like one of those fans who are STILL being critical of the team, debating QB controversies, calling for Garrett's firing and Hating on all The Jones es, all while the team is 12-2.

But it is a head scratcher for sure.
lgkehoe
lgkehoe

Back to top Go down

Post by caddy4bp Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:50 pm

Absolutely a head scratcher! I listen to the shows each day on the website. They all were convinced that he'd be the primary back up RB to Zeke next year. Talked of how the team really liked his ability. They also were saying he was one of the nicest guys in the locker room. What I saw of him in preseason was very promising. Quick burst is what I really liked and his top end speed, well that isn't found very often.

caddy4bp

Back to top Go down

Post by lgkehoe Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:43 am

I'm glad he's in the AFC. I am now a fan(ish) of the Cleveland Browns.
lgkehoe
lgkehoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum