Dallas Cowboys Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did Y'all Jump off the Bridge?

3 posters

Go down

Did Y'all Jump off the Bridge? Empty Did Y'all Jump off the Bridge?

Post by caddy4bp Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:38 pm

Wow, no comments after last nights game? Where is everyone? No one's leaning over the Sf Bay Bridge or hanging on the edge of the Empire Stare Building, are they?

I wasn't expecting us to win out, but admittedly this was a game there for the taking. We got the real Eli last night complete with 3 turnovers and couldn't turn it into any points. Had other opportunities with balls in our hands. We gave up 10 points and couldn't win is a large part of the story. We have to love the play of the defense last night. Sean Lee must have been hunched in the Giants huddle last night. Carr was excellent and I usually rip him. Gave up a slant and got no help from anyone ready to make that tackle but it was one play. Anthony Brown made a great INT coming forward & Mayowa looked pretty solid out there too.

When I saw that Zeke had 85 yards at the half & 3 TO's from Eli, it concerned me that we only had 7 points. I don't want to blame the play calling too much but given the colder weather, I'd have liked to see more runs on 1st and 2nd down to get to 3rd and short or manageable situations. Dez wasn't very good last night, looked lost on a few plays, maybe not aggressive enough. Free seemed to struggle at times, They didn't look at Witten enough and on that 1st INT, Witt was wide open for the 1st down right down the middle. Dak had a poor night on several levels and looked like the rookie he is versus the veteran he was playing like.

Jerry's indicating that McFadden will be activated, who's the cut player? Thoughts if that happens. Dunbar was exposed on 3rd down, with the Giants blitzing on every 3rd down and seeing what kind of blocker Dunbar is. He's game but can't hold up but a second. Prevents getting him out into the flat if they're going to blitz and force us to keep him in.

Bucs game is now a must win for us to right the ship and take care of some business and take the drama out of the month of December .......

caddy4bp

Back to top Go down

Did Y'all Jump off the Bridge? Empty Re: Did Y'all Jump off the Bridge?

Post by MRich Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:51 pm

Nice to hear from you, Caddy!

I was disappointed, too. I can't figure out if it was bad playcalling or what. If I were Dallas, I would have gone back to that play we scored the TD on. It worked once...

The D played very, very well, but for some reason we just couldn't punch it in on offense, and that led to some mistakes.

Dak's "rookie" started showing a little more last night, too. Giving up a big play to the Giants really killed us.

I'm disappointed in the loss, but I didn't necessarily think we'd finish the regular season at 15-1. I'm still hoping for #1 in the NFC, though.
MRich
MRich

Back to top Go down

Post by caddy4bp Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:22 pm

The most important thing from here is to gain that home field advantage throughout! It would be a major failure not to get that. It won't be easy winning the two games needed to do that. We get a hot Tampa team this Sunday and equally hot Lions the week after.

Teams tend to ratchet up the defense after Thanksgiving and we got the best from MN & NY and they made our offense look more like the Brownies than the Cowboys! Frosted me that we got those 3 gems from Eli and didn't cash in on them. Three missed TO opportunities didn't pan out either. Again some bad timed penalties didn't help either.

caddy4bp

Back to top Go down

Post by MRich Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:07 pm

And the Cowboys receivers got a surprising case of "the drops", too. I know it was cold, but some of those passes shouldn't have been dropped -- at all.
MRich
MRich

Back to top Go down

Post by caddy4bp Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:27 pm

The ball was reportedly a little wet, but with those gloves that shouldn't be an issue. Butler should have had his and same with Zeke on the out route.

caddy4bp

Back to top Go down

Post by lgkehoe Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:50 pm

Sorry guys. For whatever reason, my computer has not been able to reach this domain. It has cleared up now. There could have been a busted route at the ISP? or one of the hops???

Anyways, glad to be back. 

And caddy!!!! So glad to see this...

"I'd have liked to see more runs on 1st and 2nd down to get to 3rd and short or manageable situations."

It started in the Minny game. I am getting tired of seeing 2nd and 8 and they empty the backfiled and go five wide. In this offense, second and 8 is not a passing down! Zeke sets up 3rd and short, and more Zeke gets the first. Simple!

Absolute crazy design plays overs the Giants and Minny games, too. 

Glad to see them at least go pistol on second and long in the Bucs game. But it still frustrates me.
lgkehoe
lgkehoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum