The 2016 Draft looks like it just got better!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The 2016 Draft looks like it just got better!

Post by lgkehoe on Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:51 pm

Todd Archer wrote:Talked to Jaylon Smith. Believes he could've played by now, being patient. Nerve regenerating. Brace not a factor anymore. Ran 4.5 other day

Via Twitter January 5, 2017

That has to get you excited!!! bounce cheers bom drunken
lgkehoe

Back to top Go down

Re: The 2016 Draft looks like it just got better!

Post by MRich on Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:37 pm

I'm definitely excited by that prospect!! Waiting on him to get back.
MRich

Back to top Go down

Post by lgkehoe on Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:12 pm

I know it's a Jaylon thread, but let me hijack my own thread...still slightly on topic.

I have a GREAT feeling about the Cooper signing. I do not want to see it mean Leary is not resigned, but it does soften that blow if that is the case. But it will certainly bolster the future of the Cowboys offensive line dominance and depth.

Remember "mystery meat" from old Abner? Look where we are now!!
lgkehoe

Back to top Go down

Post by caddy4bp on Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:34 pm

Certainly very hopeful based on what I've seen and heard about Jaylon. He could / would be that incredibly active and athletic Mike that we don't have. A playmaker and what I'm hopeful of as well is that he can be special in blitzing something we sorely lack.

Good season by Hitchens but he's not anything super special, but very serviceable. Would have liked to have seen Nzeocha to know a little of what he could be.

A few years ago I was high on Cooper, but I realize he's not a power guard but most effective maybe in a zone scheme, so he could be a nice back up. I wish they could keep Leary as I feel he's better than Collins, but he'll get good money somewhere else to be a starter and good for him. He was never disruptive while being benched and a favorite of Jerry for being so professional.

caddy4bp

Back to top Go down

Post by lgkehoe on Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:54 am

Anyone hear anymore on Leary's degenerative knee condition.

I agree, caddy, he is the better guard. He gives the whole line a completely different personality. I just wonder when that knee condition starts to show itself???
lgkehoe

Back to top Go down

Post by caddy4bp on Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:08 pm

Leary's had that since he was in college and why he dropped out of the draft and wound up an undrafted rookie. Cowboys had a 3rd round grade on him and why Jerry was so excited when he was signed as an UFA rookie! The final night of the draft it was Leary that Jerry was talking about, that's how excited he was to get him. I've heard numerous discussions on it and his next play could always be his last, he's had nothing more than some flare ups over his 5 years with the team. One guy with the Eagles had the same thing and played 10+ years, so no way to tell. The teams given him days off just as a precaution.

caddy4bp

Back to top Go down

Post by lgkehoe on Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:24 pm

Thanks for the info. From reports, it looks like he is mentally done here?

We'll have to hope Collins gets some consistency.
lgkehoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top