Dallas Cowboys Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any concern over the Dak & Zeke at club in Dallas on Monday night?

2 posters

Go down

Any concern over the Dak & Zeke at club in Dallas on Monday night? Empty Any concern over the Dak & Zeke at club in Dallas on Monday night?

Post by caddy4bp Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:16 pm

I was reading my hometown paper, the NY Post and the writers were mocking our guys (Dak & Zeke) approach to the upcoming Giant game. The video as best I could see showed both players in a Dallas club spraying the patrons with champagne. They were writing that apparently we weren't taking the game seriously and little jabs at both players for past issues on their behavior.

Try this link if you'd like to read it and see the video. http://nyp.st/2gklsz2. Also saw a piece on Foxsports Southwest by Shannon Sharpe, advising them that nothing good happens for NFL players after 11 PM!

Not the wisest move by them and hopefully, a Witten or Garrett speaks to them about this. You want to party in 90 days, knock yourself out. We're fighting for home field advantage throughout. Far better chance at home than up in Seattle!

caddy4bp

Back to top Go down

Any concern over the Dak & Zeke at club in Dallas on Monday night? Empty Re: Any concern over the Dak & Zeke at club in Dallas on Monday night?

Post by lgkehoe Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:47 pm

LOL @ that writer. He presents it as if that's all Dak and Zeke have done in the ten days of rest and preparation for the Giants. 

These guys just came off a grueling stretch of the schedule and they clinched a playoff spot. I have to wonder if part of the proverbial rookie wall is the marathon of focus demanded by the NFL season. And if so, then maybe a break was warranted. I'll leave it in the lobby of the benefit of the doubt. 

Was it a work night? Was there practice or meetings the next day?

Certainly, there are better ways they could celebrate and have fun. And I am sure the veteran leadership will address it. In the meantime, no harm no foul, and the Giants can only hope this is a reflection of the rookies' attitudes. But we know better.
lgkehoe
lgkehoe

Back to top Go down

Any concern over the Dak & Zeke at club in Dallas on Monday night? Empty Re: Any concern over the Dak & Zeke at club in Dallas on Monday night?

Post by caddy4bp Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:52 pm

I only bring it up as it can become a big thing if we don't knock off the Giants. For me, its the same as when Romo & Witten & others went to Mexico in 2007 on their off days. Having fun is not allowed on the off days, but people make it an issue. The media is waiting on these guys, any team members. America's Team is in the spotlight.

One of the funniest things, is how the only games getting high ratings are the Boys games! So much so, that they're flexing us in against Tampa Bay the following week, with a Monday night appearance the week after that. The media likes to rustle up some stories. This is one that will get traction if they lose Sunday night but withers if we add to our win total.

caddy4bp

Back to top Go down

Post by lgkehoe Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:08 pm

True, but none of it will matter. If the Cowboys lose, we all know that night had nothing to do with it, just like Cabo had nothing to do with Jacques Reeves stupid penalty just before half time nor Patrick Crayton's drop. And why the heck did Wade change up the 1-2 punch of Jones and Barber to Barber and Jones? 

I digress. 

Three certain things come to mind. The media are pigs who will feed on anything. Fans are irrational. Dak and Zeke will not avoid the scrutiny of the previous two things forever. 

If not this story then the next.

(no need to defend starting a thread - that's what this place is for)
lgkehoe
lgkehoe

Back to top Go down

Post by caddy4bp Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:12 pm

No need to defend. It was out there and being that it was from NY wanted my friends here to see what's being said up in enemy territory. NY is the home of some sleazy writers, but I knew them personally 40 years ago, when I worked there. I don't know today's crowd but I doubt its much different. They had the story and I didn't see it out of the Dallas area. Locals weren't concerned but the NY media was using it to fire up the team that they're not taking the Giants seriously.

caddy4bp

Back to top Go down

Post by lgkehoe Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:38 am

The sentiment in rational land is that the Cowboys are salivating at the opportunity to avenge that one point loss.

Besides, we're talking Cowboys...with this running game, throw in some defense, hookers and coke and it will feel like the 90's all over again! I don't think those teams were taking opponents too lightly.

How ironic that they are using an incident they shouldn't take seriously as evidence that the Cowboys are not taking the Giants seriously.

Seriously??? LOL @ the NY media. Well, all media, really.
lgkehoe
lgkehoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down