Dallas Cowboys Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, Dallas vs Cincy...

4 posters

Go down

So, Dallas vs Cincy... Empty So, Dallas vs Cincy...

Post by MRich Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:06 pm

Will Dallas get their butts handed to them? Will they emerge victorious?

Is Cincy better than their 2-2 record? Is Dallas not as good as their 3-1 record?

Can the Cowboys survive another week without Dez? Will Bailey be able to kick? Can Dak continue to do what he's been doing? Will the Defense step up?

So many questions.
MRich
MRich

Back to top Go down

So, Dallas vs Cincy... Empty Re: So, Dallas vs Cincy...

Post by caddy4bp Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:23 pm

This game to me comes down to whether or not they can get even a little pass rush on Dalton. He struggles with it and they are at the bottom of 3rd down conversions. Without a pass rush, Dalton will make it a long day. We'll battle on offense and if we don't turn it over we can be in the game and pull it out. I'm only mildly concerned with their running game, mostly that we'll allow a chunk run here and there, but otherwise control the run. It's whether or not Dalton / Green give us problems. They will look to go after Carr who stands little chance of containing Green. Can't carry a WR across the field and this will be tough match up. I see us close but not getting the W.

What I will be interested to see on the plus side is the further development of Dak. This might be a game to see him stretch the defense a little more to open them up. They aren't likely to blitz much being content with their front 4. They may not pack the box as they like their front 7. Can he get anything going downfield or does it all stay in the 6-15 yard range. Really need to see some shots to open them up and let others know we can attack downfield. Tape thus far doesn't indicate Dak will take the shot. Even a wasted down, will pay some dividends.

caddy4bp

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowboy1959 Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:41 am

I don't believe that the Cowboys are as good as their record, which I believe has come with the help of an easy schedule so far.

However, I also don't believe that the gap between the Cowboys and Bengals is nearly as big as some suppose, and I can see the Cowboys walking off the field today with a win.

The Cowboys rarely get blown out when they have a competitive team to field (I say in contrast to last year's team), so I don't expect them to get their butts handed to them. There will be enough talent on the field today to keep pace with the Bengals. I think the question, as it was last year and has been so far this year, is whether the defense will make enough plays in the 4th quarter to turn the tide. They didn't against the Giants, but they did against the 49ers. Which defense shows up today will determine whether or not the Cowboys can win.

This has the potential to be a turning point game for the Cowboys if they win. Beating a quality opponent will not only legitimize the work they've done thus far, it will give them the added confidence a young team needs as it develops.

Cowboy1959
Cowboy1959

Back to top Go down

Post by caddy4bp Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:40 pm

Its a great game to win in that they are moving into their toughest part of the schedule. Teams are getting rolling and most of their next 7-8 games are against teams with winning records. The soft spots are over for now. But we're facing a near desperate team in the Bengals and they will be looking to give us their best. My fear is that our lack of a pass rush will be our downfall today, albeit Lawrence is returning. We're not facing a Gabbert, Brian Hoyer or Cousins. Dalton can make us pay for that lack of a pass rush. Can we limit them to FG's instead of TD's. That's what will determine the outcome, IMO.

Cincy has had a credible defense the last few years but have been very average so far. Burfict returns for them today and I'd go after him early with making sure a blocker hits him on every running play and make him a non factor early.

caddy4bp

Back to top Go down

Post by MRich Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:36 pm

Good first half. Dallas up 21-0. Four possessions, three touchdowns. Kind of a "grind it out" style they're playing. Methodically moving down the field, mixing in some good, solid runs in between.
MRich
MRich

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowboy1959 Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:53 pm

Two more TDs and I'll feel comfortable. They need to grind the clock and score. First possession on defense is key.

Cowboy1959
Cowboy1959

Back to top Go down

Post by MRich Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:08 pm

Zeke with the 60 yard TD!

I'm rooting for the shutout at this point...still a lot of game left, though...

Come on, 40+ points!
MRich
MRich

Back to top Go down

Post by caddy4bp Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:19 pm

They are just looking terrific on both sides of the ball. Didn't think the D could be this effective. Boy was I wrong on that. Zeke is amazing! That run is what I've been waiting for and expecting. That play may be one of the most important runs of the season. It will force other teams to play us slightly differently to deal with Zeke. Will open the passing lanes going forward just that little bit more. This is a team that is only playing 7 in the box and well, that's not working. That's where I speak of pick your poison!

caddy4bp

Back to top Go down

Post by MRich Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:37 pm

Unfortunate turnover there for Dak. They had a good drive going.

They're looking surprisingly good right now. They're inconsistent on their pressuring of Dalton, though.
MRich
MRich

Back to top Go down

Post by MRich Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:52 pm

They've changed something -- playcalling, aggressiveness, something. I don't know if they've called off the dogs a bit or what, but this isn't the same team from the first half.
MRich
MRich

Back to top Go down

Post by MRich Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:09 pm

Two minutes to go...looks like Dallas is off to a 4-1 start...
MRich
MRich

Back to top Go down

Post by lgkehoe Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:10 pm

My first impression of this game is pride in Garrett. For all those who say he does not get his team prepared can shut up with that lame critique this week. The Cowboys were entirely more prepared for this game. I think Garrett knew it, too. I think he knew their defense was going to try and stop Zeke with their front seven. He knew his offense was going to punch them in the face. He knew he had the adjustments to counter theirs. When they won the toss and he elected to receive, he knew his team was going to set the tone and demoralize the Bengals defense. After the first drive, I sat back in my couch and relaxed into knowing the game belonged to Dallas.

Did anyone know how significant adding Lawrence was going to be on the defensive line? What Lawrence lacks in size and strength, he provides in speed. I saw the line running new stunts they've not run all season. Everyone was stepping up. Mayowa was disrupting, McClain was more of present than usual. I think Ryan Davis deserves a line or two of praise as well. He and Lawrence together are going to be pesty speedsters for opposing offenses.

And what secondary did The Cowboys field yesterday? The new secondary coaching assignments are working out very well.

There may be hope for this defense after all. But before I get all crazy and start predicting Super Bowls, I need to remember everything started off that opening drive. The confidence beamed all over the field and onto all parts of the team. If they can carry this over to Green Bay, we just may have a real reason to reevaluate our expectations for this season.
lgkehoe
lgkehoe

Back to top Go down

Post by caddy4bp Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:48 pm

I loved the opening drive was virtually all on the ground ending with a 13 yard dash off of #70's tail. Great blocking as well by Free. They set the tone on the ground and answered the trash talking by Pacman. They smacked them hard and fast. Zeke was a blur and they found out what we're all seeing in front of our eyes. Dak only needed to throw 1 pass. They're being coached much like in 14' and just out coaching the other team so far. Linehan has done a fantastic job of playing to Dak's ability's and feeding Zeke week by week in his development. He only had about 14 snaps in preseason.

The kid I have liked since the draft is Anthony Brown. But take serious note of how this draft has played out this year so far. We have Zeke of course staring and Dak moving from #3 to #1 and he's head manning this 4-1 start. Malik Collins is starting at the 3 the last 3 weeks as is Anthony Brown as he fills in for Scandrick. Four rookies getting starting snaps and all doing well. The injury to La'ell Collins has maybe given us the best 5 up front again with Leary at LG. Lots of good things to see for the future and imagine what we might be talking about if that nerve fires for Jaylon Smith! We really miss a quality MLB.

The D line played well last week, but all I'd heard was Cincy's weak link was their O line. So we finally came through on that. DLaw is quick, no question on that and gave Tryun fits this summer. McClain has played very well all season so that's helped at DT. Felt bad that Davis lost his sack on the penalty or else he would have shown up on the stat sheet and boosted the confidence level another notch.

caddy4bp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down