Local media reporting Dez concussion...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Local media reporting Dez concussion...

Post by MRich on Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:59 pm

Happened in practice. Also reporting that Tyron Crawford has an injury, too.

Both out for Seattle game, obviously, but should be ready to go for Regular Season.
MRich

Back to top Go down

Re: Local media reporting Dez concussion...

Post by Cowboy1959 on Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:36 pm

Yes, you can't imagine how thrilled I was to hear that Barry Church, who has rarely ever made a play for us, managed to make one in practice against his own guy. What a trade-down that was...
Cowboy1959

Back to top Go down

Post by MRich on Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:19 pm

It sucks, for sure.

I'm gonna make some lemonade, though: At least Barry Church didn't injure Dez in a way (say, knee injury) where he's out for the full season.

By the way, I also heard today that Ro McClain didn't have a locker set up at "The Star".

Garrett was asked about it, and basically said, "We're only going to talk about the people who are here."

Then he was asked why Randy Gregory did have a locker. He replied the same way.
MRich

Back to top Go down

Post by caddy4bp on Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:02 pm

Crawford also has a concussion. I'm with you on Church finally making a hit, but it really wasn't that much of a hit. The report I saw said that Church was pulling up and it was Dez who lowered his head into Church's shoulder. Dez sent out a tweet, he'll be fine. Both players are out of Thursday nights game as is Scandrick with a strained groin.

Rolando won't be stepping inside the Star, his days in Dallas are most likely over. Slim chance they keep him, though injuries could force them to keep him. More than likely being 30-40 lbs over weight, he doesn't have the mental strength to get in shape, so I would be shocked if he plays this year anywhere in the league.

caddy4bp

Back to top Go down

Post by MRich on Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:45 am

I don't have all the details, but apparently them not immediately cutting McClain is a money move with regard to the salary cap.
MRich

Back to top Go down

Post by caddy4bp on Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:39 am

Clearly on Rolando! They don't have to pay him the 750K bonus now due to the suspension, but if they cut him, then they have to pay that. So that's cap savings #1. Then he sits out 10 games and that's whatever the per game stipulation in his deal is so that's cap savings #2. Finally, he won't hit the escalators in his deal for # of snaps/pct of defensive snaps, so playing it this way is the smart way. More to be gained by not having him there. No locker tells the players that its now strictly a financial situation that delays the inevitable.

caddy4bp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top